10.2.05

richard's suicide note - i




One day I found this suicide note. It was my flatmate Richard’s - he’s still alive, btw :)

“Dear everyone,
I knew a girl. She went to my school. Bad things happened to her, but don’t worry, she’s still alive.

Here is a bad thing that happened to her: She was an orphan. Everyone knew about it. Her parents died in a train wreck. She had been plucked from the wreckage as a babe. Everyone knew about it.

She was a naughty girl at school. She was known to behave badly. Everyone knew about it. She got away with it though, mainly because she was an orphan.

Until one day. The day the new teacher started. Mister Wix.

Here is the other bad thing that happened to her. During Period 4, she was smoking a cigarette in the girls toilets. Then Mister Wix came into the girls toilets, and he cut half her face off with a large pair of scissors. Snip snip snip. Just + so + much + blood.

Of course, her bloodcurdling screams quickly attracted attention to the horrid scene. Hall monitors, then paramedics, police, counsellors. And counsellors for the paramedics and police. And counsellors for the counsellors. And a lot of cleaners.

The next day, the headline was “Teacher cuts orphans face off with scissors”. It’s true, I’ve still got that newspaper. Its in my files somewhere. I kept it. The sentence pleased me somehow. How odd it is that such a thing could happen. I want you to have it, Paul. You like that kind of stuff.

But that’s not the reason I’m killing myself.
continued

No comments: